Evermore: The Immortals

Evermore - Alyson Noel I had bought this book because I found the cover very interesting and mysterious, and I think it was as good as I had expected it. Sure there could have been a few touch-ups here and there but overall it was a pretty well-strung book. And what made me happy that the author didn't follow along the line of Twilight.

After reading the back I was in doubt for a while, because I didn't like the theme of death and vampires that's been going around, but this book didn't quite fit into that theme, which I'm glad. It was more of the 'living forever has it's own consequances' theme, which I don't see a lot of around.

Ever seems like a very sensible girl who doesn't care too much about being put down and stuff, which is good because that say that girls shouldn't care about insults from those who feel they're more important, but also doesn't use her gift to do horrible things like torture people. Sure sure, we're all supposed to do good things in life but come on, hasn't that little vil thought ever entered someone's mind?

Damen...hum, not sure about him. A hot Mexican guy? Seriously, not that original. I undrestand if he were British or Spanish, then yeah, I'd be dieing for a hot guy like that too but come on, Mexican? Ugh, one mistake there. I also can't at all picture him as hot. Sorry but I think British would fit in more here, or some tanned guy I dunno but Damen's background throws me off a bit.

Right now I'm curious to see where the rest of this series goes, but as of now, I'm more impressed than I thought I'd be