Vampirates: Demons of the Ocean

Vampirates: Demons of the Ocean - Justin Somper I picked up this book because the title had appealed to me, and when I began reading it I found it very interesting and original.

The writing is not proffesional, however it is not child-quality, so it's basicly in the middle. To those people who only want to read books that have professional-like writing style, don't bother picking this book up unless you're open-minded and willing to change your mind throughout the book.

The plot is very interesting, or atleast it was for me. So far, this seems like a promising series so let's see where Justin Somper takes it.

Also, if any Twilight fans are by any chance reading this, don't even bother and just quit - this isn't the book for you. Go back to your sugar-candied-overly-rotten Twilight because this has nothing to really do with Twilight. Well, there will obviously be some romance between Grace and Logan, but it won't be like Bella and Edward, trying to protect each other but at the same time portraying their lust.

Oh, why did I give this 4 stars instead of 5? because I had found some parts a bit boring so I had to skip about 1-3 chapters worth of writing (like I usually do it almost all books, unless they fscinate me beyond belief, like Wicked Lovely did), but other than that I have to admit that I really enjoyed this book. It's not super aggressive like what you'd expect from vampires but it's not like 'Ooh, we're vampires, let's be friend with all human beings and not suck the blood of anyone we care about', so it's basiclly a middle book and that's what I love - I'm not a supportive fan of vampires, like I absolutely love them, however I don't hate them and want them to be gone from literature. They're just...there, and I read about them if the book isnt too agressive, gory, or something that will freak me out.

Reading the rest of the series but won't guarantee to review them all seperately.