The Familiars

The Familiars - Adam Jay Epstein, Andrew Jacobson, Peter Chan, Kei Acedera I had read this book as a request from one of its authors.
Without the request I think I would've just passed by and never even stopped to wonder about the book.

Now, what to say...
Hum, this book was medicore, to be honest. I'd give it 2.5 stars out of 5 if Goodreads were to have the .5 in its rating system. Because this book just left me scratching my head, and I must admit I hardly finished it.

The idea is to this book is good. It held promise for me when I had read it, and Aldwyn was a cute cat to read about. But the writing just slopped. This was for me personally but I just felt that the bone structire of the book was there, but it lacked meat to it, some juicyness and maybe some more action filled events.
Because parts of it seemed like a re-imagined Harry Potter but just with a cuter twist and a different approach.

The familiars themselves though were the best part of the book. Well-developed I could almost feel them leaping from the pages. They were what made this book for me a little sunnier.

To sum it up, this is just not my book. Why? For the main reason - I just GREW OUT of the age when I'd read and love thes kinds of books. They're not what catch my attention anymore. Maybe other 13 and 14 year olds out there would disagree with me and say that this book was amazing, but for me it was just a breezy fluffy read of a book which I sadly wouldn't probably pick up again.

But I do thank the authors for creating such three appealing familiars - they truly were amazing