Maus: A Survivor's Tale

The Complete Maus - Art Spiegelman This is another book that i had to read for my IB English class and I must say that, even though the topic of the book is a very serious one, I just didn't wanna read it. I prefer to stay away from anything that has to do with the Holocaust because I know far too many details because of my family's history related to the subject.

I struggled while reading this. Each panel read very slowly and, while I did find the use of animals to differentiate between races clever, I just didn't like the rest. Don't get me wrong - it was a very emotional and at times horrifyingly tear-jerking tale, but it's simply not my cup of tea. The art is quite good, on the other hand and manages to keep the reader interested.

This one is more for lovers of history and those who would be interested in trying something completely new in the comic book genre. This wasn't my cup of tea. Not even close. And while I do love history and comic books I prefer to stay away from this topic, though I know many others will enjoy this one and to those who particularly love paying attention to any hidden symbols the author uses, this book will be one of those.