Wychman Road

Wychman Road - Ben Berman Ghan

I feel incredibly lucky to know the author personally and consider him to be a good friend of mine. And because of this, the process of reading the book was even more exciting as it revealed elements of his personality in his characters, as well as other aspects that I suspect I still haven’t discovered about him.

“Wychman Road” breathes new life into the genre of superheroes and immortality, but does so in a way that is well planned out and gripping. Each chapter is comparable to an episode for a TV show, their endings always leaving you wondering what would happen next. As I told Ben myself recently, I found myself relating more to Joshua than Peter, and I personally love books where the “villain” has a very blurred line, where their decisions and past feel very tangible as you’re reading, making you want to slip in between the words and exclaim you understand why they’re acting the way they are. Each character was well developed, engaging, and a pleasure to follow along with. I also have been privileged to a few spoilers for later on in the series, and can’t wait to finally read my predictions as part of the actual story.

I can’t wait to see what the next installment will bring, and to return to the beautifully constructed world of the Thought Walkers. My next big hope is to learn more about the other families, as well as to see more of what seems like a ‘niche’ setting in the world of fiction, Toronto. “Wychman Road” was wonderful.