Makeshift Miracle Book 2: The Boy Who Stole Everything

Makeshift Miracle Book 2: The Boy Who Stole Everything - Jim Zub, Shun Hong Chan

What a beautiful spin and resolution to the build up of tension from the first book. Considering this was only a two-book series, I now see the logic behind the writer's decision to make book one all about suspense and focus on Colby, whereas in this book the reader finally sees how they've been deceived, and the reality unravels like a beautiful dream that is built up to wonderfully. I didn't think it was possible, but the illustrations in book two are even more beautiful that in the first one, with a few changes to the style, especially when it comes to Iris' character. The resolution was satisfactory and touching, and once again drew upon that fluffy and warm atmosphere that bordered on dream-like that was dominant in the first book. It was moving, thoughtful, and beautiful in its honesty and pure intentions. I absolutely loved this series, and having read the two, I must also say that the titles for the two books are incredibly fitting after having read the whole story. So glad I stumbled upon these by accident at my local library today, this series was a total diamond in the rough.